Ali Samei is a Ph.D. candidate in Strategic Management at IESE Business School. He also spent one year as a visiting Ph.D. candidate at Rotman School of Management. He holds an M.Sc. in Management Engineering from Politecnico di Milano and a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology. Before pursuing an academic career, he was an engineering manager at different private firms in Iran.
His research interest is in microfoundations of innovation in organizations. More specifically, his research interests lie at the intersection of innovation management, strategic leadership, strategic organization of R&D activities, and managerial cognition. His work has led to collaborating with multiple co-authors and presenting multiple papers at domestic and international conferences.
You can find more information about his research and teaching experience on his website: http://www.alisamei.es
Ali will be attending the SEI Doctoral Consortium 2019 in Leuven and the 2019 EFMD Job Fair in Paris. Please reach out to him by email if you have any question.
- Samei, A. “CEO Succession, Disruption, and Innovation,” Job Market Paper. Article manuscript in progress, to be submitted in Fall 2019 to the Strategic Management Journal. (Link to the latest version)
- Samei, A. & Klueter, T. “Performance Feedback and New Product Innovations: The Role of CEO Financial Orientation,” Article manuscript in progress, to be submitted in Fall 2019 to the Academy of Management Journal. (Link to the latest version)
- Farazi, M. S., Gopalakrishnan, S., Santoro, M. D., Samei, A. (2019, July). Raising Capital in Biopharma Alliances; Unraveling the Roles of Technological Depth and Breadth. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2019, No. 1) (Link to the abstract)
- Lecturer (Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, 2019)
- Organizational Behavior
- Corporate Strategy
- Teaching Assistant (IESE Business School 2017-2018)
- Corporate Strategy
Ali SameiPhD Candidate
Prof. Bruno Cassiman
- MRM Management, 2016 (IESE Business School, Spain)
- MSc Management Engineering, 2014 (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, 2008 (Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran)
Innovation Management, Upper Echelon Theory and the Role of TMT in Shaping Innovation, Behavioral Foundations of Innovation, Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry