Alberto Ibarra Garza is a participant of the Master of Research in Management at IESE. Alberto has a bachelor’s degree in Public Accounting from UANL and an MBA from IPADE Business School.
Alberto has extensive experience in advisory services, having worked previously for KPMG and Deloitte Consulting Group. He has participated in projects with firms from many industries such as oil and gas, advisory, air cargo, digital advertising, retail, variable printing, cement, transportation, beverage, pharmaceutical, among others. Since 2011, Alberto has worked as a Decision Analysis Professor for IPADE Business School. He has taught multiple courses of the MBA, Executive MBA and top management programs. In addition, Alberto has been a visiting professor at UNIS Business School in Guatemala.
• Crowdfunding: The Mexican Context (2nd of 2 authors). Qualitative analysis of the main regulatory challenges that the crowdfunding industry has in Mexico.
• Prosocial Crowdlending in Kenya (1st of 3 authors). Exploratory analysis of Kiva Zip’s crowdlending operations in Kenya.
• Default Prediction in Crowdlending Campaigns (1st of 3 authors). Analysis of the impact that project characteristics, borrower, loan requirements and competition has on defaulting peer-to-peer loans.
Alberto Ibarra GarzaPhD Candidate
Managerial Decision Sciences
Prof. Miguel A. Canela
• MBA – Master in Business Administration (IPADE Business School, Mexico)
• BA – Bachelor Degree in Public Accounting (Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México)
• Non-degree Programs: International Faculty Program, IESE and Managerial Decision Making, IESE.
Crowdfunding and Decision Making